"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, September 30, 2010

Let God Surprise You Today!

So since to this point I have not blogged daily and I'm wondering if you have forgotten what we are in the middle of. We are spending a month asking God to surprise us on a daily basis.  Those of you who are reading this are welcome to join in right now, whether you've been doing it or not.  The thing is a couple of you have admitted to me you've stuck your toe in the water to test the temperature. (meaning you've prayed this prayer a time or two) But, you've not shared what happened. Speak up! The point of this blog is to "do life together" reminding each other that we are all "treasures" in God's sight. He loves us all equally and He gave us each other to support, encourage, challenge and yes, even reprimand each other. So join in, share, ask questions...there are no wrong answers or too stupid of questions.

As you probably have noticed by now, I don't always share original thoughts. Often I'm processing something I've read. Today is one of those days. Often I use devotional books to start my thinking process in the morning. Today's entry was just too good.  God is currently surprising me by allowing me to trust Him in a season of change like I've never trusted before. I'm surprising myself! :)  Anyway, what do you think about this:
" I am perpetually with you, taking care of you....I am not limited by time or space; My Presence with you is a forever-promise. You need not fear the future, for I am already there. (Bold added) Your future is in My hands; I release it to you day by day, moment by moment. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow.
 I want you to live this day abundantly, seeing all there is to see, doing all there is to do, Don't be distracted by future concerns. Leave them to Me! Each day of life is a glorious gift, but so few people know how to live within the confines of today. Much of their energy for abudnant livign spills over the timeline into tomorrow's worries or past regrets. Their remaining energy is sufficient only for limping through the day, not for living it to the full. I am training you to keep your focus on My Presence in the present. This is how to receive abundant Life, which flows freely from My throne of grace."
Matthew 6:34 (read vs. 19-34); John 10:10;James 4:13-15
Quoted from September 30, Jesus Calling,  by Sarah Young Thomas Nelson Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment