"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Minute by Minute

So over the past few days I've come to realize that this is a minute by minute deal. I am having to make choices multiple times in a day.  My choice? To trust God with what is going on (or what's NOT going on) or to try to take care of it myself.  I continue to think I know or at least have a general idea of what my day, or situation should look like. It continues to be different or to change. Am I worried? Sometimes. Do I get anxious? Sometimes. Do I over think? Lots of the time.  Wasted energy.

God loved me before I even knew Him. He knew me before I was born. The Bible refers to the "days He has planned for me." I just need to relax and follow. "To you oh Lord I lift up my soul. In you I trust oh Lord." Psalm 25:1

What about you? Are you worried or anxious? Are you trying to control things that are out of your control? Let's talk about this.

1 comment:

  1. Humm Am I tyryingto control things that are out of my control? Yeah and guess where I learned it from :) But I'm getting better.

    ReplyDelete