"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Sunday, September 5, 2010

Contentment

Content = "A state of heart in which you would be at peace if God gave you nothing more than He already has." Love Focused

That statement has really made me think. What I've concluded is that if you are not always focused on the "outcome" of what you are doing it's way easier to be content. For example, we live in a home with 3 stories, basement, main floor and 2nd floor. The bedrooms are on the 2nd floor, the laundry and office are in the basement. My husband has two bad knees. Not a great combination. So for several years I've been praying about a ranch style home. We've even looked into a couple. Nothing has worked out. It used to really bother me, but today I realized it doesn't bother me anymore. We have a home and the living expenses are reasonable. When we actually "need" something different I'm sure the Lord will provide it. He always has.

Now the challenge is to take that contentment to the rest of my life. This can be really challenging in relationships. What about you? Tell me about contentment in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment