"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 5-Trust?

Okay, so now the rubber meets the road.  I am only in control of me and sometimes that's questionable! :)
I'm in the middle of a circumstance that I did not directly choose but I agreed to and now I seriously doubt the validity of the situation. However, I have no concrete reason except my own "gut".  So as I prayed last night and this morning, "Lord, help me love this person and trust you with the outcome." I realized that the problem is I don't want to be taken advantage of or hurt. So it's time. Time for me to live what I believe.  I believe God is in charge. He will not abandon me. He will protect me. He loves me. Deuteronomy 4:29, Hebrews 10:23
Keeping it simple. I am to love God with all my heart, soul, and mind and love my neighbor as myself. HE will take care of the rest.
So here I go, "for this I have Jesus."

2 comments:

  1. Looking in the scripture before in Deut. 4:20 my version describes God's children as "His own people and special possession." In calling something your own and a possession there is an elliment of choice. He made a choice to call us His own. But not only are we His, but special. There is a sweetness in feeling and being called a special possession of God's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND another word for "special possession" is "treasure!" YOU are His treasure!

    ReplyDelete