"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Sunday, September 19, 2010

Activity Addiction?

I know I don't write every day. Part of the reason is I'm learning to not rush through each thought. I'm trying to learn to let it really soak in and become a part of my life.  Those words "activity addiction" from a devotional book of mine have been repeated at a women's retreat I went to this weekend and somewhere else that I was reading. I was reminded again that our culture rewards busy-ness and appearances. However busy and bigger isn't always better. An old friend of mine used to say there is only one letter difference between God and Good, don't confuse the two. Something can be really "good" like reading a Christian living type book by a famous teacher but is it stealing your time directly with God Himself? Have you spent any time in His book today?

Anyway, that's what I've been thinking about. What about you? What's your activity addiction? Let's get real. Let's "talk". We can learn from and with each other.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! It became so clear this weekend when Hubby and I were just trying to find time for just the two of us...

    ReplyDelete