"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Keeping it Simple - Day 4

Okay, no huge revelations, just a whole lot less mental stress.  When I start down that mental path of mind boggling trying to figure out the future, including just the next 1/2 day I'm reminding myself to stop. I think about the fact that "God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 God loves me. He loved me long before I loved Him. If He truly loves me like that and He does, then what do I have have to worry about. He's in charge. He has a plan for me (and you).  My job is to love Him with all I've got. Then I'm to love those around me.

So when I start to spin around all the "what if's" in my mind I remember He loves me, really LOVES me. God will be with me whatever the circumstances. That is enough. A pastor/author I like said, "for this I have Jesus" as different situations presented themselves in his day. I like that. So as I head off to work today I'm thinking "for this day I have Jesus." What more could I need?

2 comments:

  1. Jody-this is such a great challenge-I'm definitely a "planner" and don't like it when things happen to change those plans. God is definitely working on this in me!

    Katie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a planner and honestly I'm not great with last min changes I 'need' to have time to adjust. I'm working on simplyfying my life in general, this is starting with a 3rd large purge of my house... Once before I moved to be closer to family, again when I moved back 'home' and now once again. Of course getting married and aquireing all of that stuff didn't help anything...

    Anyway its amazing what I can still get rid of...I'm doing this mind and body and find it so liberating!

    ReplyDelete