"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Saturday, April 30, 2011

God's Will

God's will, we say we want it. We talk about it. We "search" for it. We read about it. We are very busy about it.

"We focus on what God wants us to do and forget what kind of people He wants us to be."  Francis Chan,  Forgotten God.

I've heard others say the same thing over the years. So the challenge is to quit just hearing this message and start living, being the person God created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment