"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, April 28, 2011

Two for One for YOU Today!

As I wrapped up a few blog posts on accountability I was struck by a personal challenge by a fellow blogger (who just happens to be my daughter) - NO EXCUSES!  She is challenging herself to a time of "no excuses".  It's apparent to me that accountability is key here.  If she just challenged herself that is good, but when she failed or was tempted to fail, no one would no and she would probably go with her feelings. The fact that she shared it with all of her blog followers means she will have to explain to them what is going on in her life and what she is working on. Hmmm, I believe that is called accountability! (smile)

On Thursdays her posts all have a tie to marriage. She has been married for nearly two years now. She was married at 19 and her first husband died of cancer after about 4 1/2 years of marriage.  I've been married for 30 years the end of May.  We agree that marriage takes intentional effort and that it's a FANTASTIC part of life.  So how about it? Will join us on Thursdays sharing life in regard to marriage? We can learn from one another and deepen our marriage relationships at the same time! It's always helps to know we are not the only one "out there" thinking what we are thinking.  Let us know you are taking the challenge!http://www.lifelovegreen.com/ 






No comments:

Post a Comment