"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Challenge

Okay, so I spent the day with my husband. We went to the State Fair and had a great time meandering around checking things out. I thought this would be a great place to learn something new about him. It was harder than I thought.  I will say that I learned again how thorough he likes to be. (smile) Walking through one of the buildings with all of the random booths trying to sell you something - I could skip around, pick and choose. Not him, he likes to walk through in an organized fashion, up and down the isles against the traffic. (less crowded?)  I was also reminded how much of a maven he is. A maven is a collector of information on any and all topics. This makes him a great conversationalist. He can talk to almost anybody!  Lastly I was amazed at how he likes to know ALL about the things he worked with. We looked at every dealer who carried some kind of mower whether it was a type he could actually use or not. He compared what they are made of, what kind of engine, safety features, sizes - well just everything!  The great thing is he stores away this knowledge and can often fix something when it's broken or worn out and often invents his own way of doing it.

What did you learn? Was it easy or did you, like me find it difficult to learn something "new"?  I'd like to think it was hard for me because I know my husband pretty well, but I don't want to get lazy and miss something important!

1 comment:

  1. Oops I forgot, so it was hard. But I did have a recent revalation about my man. I need to be very aware of how I bring up those little nothings that happen in a marriage. Why? Because of a preivous Wife telling him he was a horriable husband all the time. Now when I even bring up the smallest annoyance he feels that I think he is a bad husband an that is just not true.

    ReplyDelete