"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Friday, August 5, 2011

A Question

Do you take time to be quiet, even just for a few moments? I have been busy with people and in the public for solid week now. I'm lonely for some time alone. How crazy is that? I know at home I can even fill my quiet time with music, or reading, or listening to someone else's voice. I am challenged this week to take time to be quiet. To listen to the silence. To allow a time, a space God cn fill. It's not complicated. Simple. Quiet. God loves me. He loves you. He wants to spend time with me. He doesn't need me to always be doing something. He desires me. He desires you.

If you doubt this thought, think about your loved ones. You just wnt to be with them. They don't always need to say or do anything. I love it when my kids are are around!

So? Do you actually spend quiet time with God?

1 comment:

  1. Mom and Barb you are both very smart women that is all.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete