"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Monday, October 11, 2010

Life with Faith?

I LOVE THIS QUESTION! What are you doing in your life right now that requires faith?  I'd really love to hear your answers. seemingly little, big it makes no difference. Just think about it, what are you doing that requires faith?

When I was in school I remember my choir teacher throwing me in with a bunch of Seniors to sing for state contest. I quivered in my shoes every time we practiced. They were so intimidating but they needed a sixth person - She chose me. So I showed up. I just had to believe she knew what she was doing and that she wouldn't let them kill me. I'm still alive. My faith in Miss Fields was rewarded.

Today I can say I have faith that even though it looks like I'm returning to some regular nursing hours that the Lord will enable me to have the time and strength to be healthy, enjoy the life He's given me and do the things He asks me to do.  It's a bit scary for me as I've been "over done" many times in the past by my own poor choices. Today I can say I'm trusting the Lord is working it all out and that HE will enable me.

So what about you? What are you doing that requires faith?

"Without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone who comes to him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."  Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment