"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Friday, October 7, 2011

Unthinkable Circumstances - Joining in

As I prepared to write today I just wondered where to start and then I noticed a post by my daughter and as I teared up I knew where to start.  No matter where you are in life today there is a truth from scripture that shows up in individual verses but even more than that is a principal taught in all of scripture. Life is a "we" situation. We were not meant to do this life alone.  First we need out relationship with the Lord. If we really get to know the Lord then we can trust Him, be honest with Him, cry out to Him, laugh with Him and just plain live with Him.

After our relationship with God is established then we need to realize that we need relationships, real honest relationships. Too often we have "friends" but we keep them at an "arms length" away.  At that distance they can't hug us. They can't really touch us, look us in the eye and tell us they care enough to tell us the truth. We think about everything and decide for ourselves what is supposed to happen or what they are thinking or will think. Then we try to "take care of it." At that point we are "playing God." We are trying to control everything.  To sum this up I'd love for you to go to my daughters blog and here what she has to say. She sums it up well. http://www.lifelovegreen.com/2011/10/when-i-lay-my-isac-down-ch-1/  It really is worth the read.  I'll expand on all of this more tomorrow.

There is more we have to talk about for this week. Do you believe? Do you have times of unbelief? Are you just unsure of what is what? It's a part of the process. If you come back and/or "do" this with others we (you with others) can walk through this together.  It's the being alone in your thinking that causes problems.  In your mind you can perceive anything to be the truth. If you don't let others in it can be very dangerous. Decisions that get made alone are often ones that prolong our situation or cause more heartache. I would encourage you if you are making decisions about your life to pray, read your Bible and consult with others you care about and respect. You might find they have a perspective you haven't thought of or don't really want what you think they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment