"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Sunday, October 2, 2011

Laughter Doeth Good Like a Medicine!

Some days you just need to laugh. Today as I put out our fall decorations I was reminded of that.  One day several years ago now when our son-in-law was still alive suffering with cancer my daughter and I made a run to Michaels craft store.  As we left this is what we saw:
It made us laugh out loud.  And as I remember that day, we needed to laugh.  To my surprise that Christmas I opened a large but lightweight package marked To Mom, From Amber.  Yep, you guessed it. She went back another day and got all the supplies and made me a silly pumpkin.  I LOVE IT! It makes me laugh every year when I get it out.  Is is a gorgeous, sophisticated craft? No!  Was it super detailed and intricate? No!  Is is something that makes me smile and/or laugh every single time I see it.
We all need to laugh, lighten up and realize the blessings around us.

So enjoy my silly pumpkin and LAUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment