"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Thing or His Thing, Focus!

So while on vacation, away from home and work it was so "natural" to focus on loving my husband. I wanted to know what he was interested in and what he wanted to do. I wasn't "worried" about whether or not we'd get to "my" thing. I just knew we would. We're home now and I don't want to lose that ability to not "worry" about me and "my thing".   As I've processed these thoughts, I feel like God let me know that is how He feels about me sometimes, a lot of the time actually. He'd like me to focus on loving Him, watching for Him and being interested in what and when He is doing something. Then He'd like me to join Him!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in you sight O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14 (NIV)



1 comment:

  1. A great reminder...it's hard for me to be truly interested in some of the "manly man" things that Matt is into. His truck, his drill...you know :) But I truly desire to show genuine interest in these things because I know he loves them so much! And yes, I'm sure God would love for me to stop thinking about myself and my needs so much as well :)

    ReplyDelete