"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Glorious Riches

The sun is shining and temperatures are going up and it reminds me SPRING IS COMING! I really like the change of seasons, all of them. I'm almost always ready for the next season when it gets here. It is a physical reminder of those "new mercies" God shares with us each and every day. I love it!

I'm working on memorizing my favorite (okay, in reality I have lots of favorite verses and songs) passages of scripture. Ephesians 3:16-21  Verse 16 starts I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you...(emphasis mine).  There is just so much there. But to me the first challenge is do I pray realizing that it is out of God's glorious riches the answers will come? Or do I pray like I have to figure out the answer, do the work and then get the answer? It's not me. I don't have the strength, the patience, the wisdom or the ability to figure out anything. BUT, my God does and I'm really trying to remember that and live like that.

And did you notice that the riches are not only his, but they are "glorious". Pay attention to all the adjectives in scripture. God's riches are not skimpy or bland. They are GLORIOUS.

We have some new challenges in our life, but then don't we all? So this time, I'm praying from the start, believing that the God who sent His son to save me can handle our day to day lives too.

No comments:

Post a Comment