"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, May 27, 2010

An Invitation

If you haven't caught on by now, I don't want to reach the end of my life and be haunted by what "might have been." I want to know that I truly lived ALL of my life, experiencing all that God intended for me. If you feel like that why don't you join me in the journey.

Like this morning, the day really started last night when my husband got sick. His restless sleeping kept me awake and my thoughts in the dark of night headed down a negative path. We have anniversary plans for the weekend which I am really looking forward to but I began a pitiful journey of whoa is me. My weekend is messed up. Wow, how self-focused and pessimistic is that? In the first place, I'm not the one who is sick. Secondly, who says he won't be better in a couple of days. (We don't leave until Saturday) and lastly it's just plain, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME!

My morning reading took me to Colossians 3:12 "Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." (NIV) Wow! Talk about getting hit right between the eyes. First, I was reminded that I am one of God's chosen people and He dearly loves me. Which reminded me that He has a plan for all my days, even my anniversary weekend. Secondly, that I have a choice on how I want to "get dressed" this morning. I can choose to be full of self-pity and crabby or I can choose to trust God. Third, I'm reminded that God would have me choose to be dressed in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Hmmm, if you'll excuse me now, I've got some work to do. My husband is sick but still working and his co-worker called in sick. I feel a substitution coming on!

Want to join my in my learning to live life to it's fullest? Check in here. Share your thoughts and life lessons so we can all learn together! Now as I said, I've got work to do!

1 comment:

  1. Tell him to feel better! I can't wait to learn with you!

    ReplyDelete