"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Monday, May 24, 2010

A Friend of God's

Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call?
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing (Who am I Lord)

I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend


This song has been going through my head since Saturday morning. It just makes me smile.
IT IS TRUE. I am a friend of God's. John 15:15 says, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." (Jesus talking) Wow! I remember the day my husband "heard" the Lord tell him that He was his "friend." That He wanted to "play" with him. It changed his life. I've spent the past couple of days humming this song and actively remembering that God is my friend. That He wants to do life with me. That includes laughing and enjoying my day.
Can you think of a time when you remembered God is your friend? Think of that today. Tell me your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment