"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Thought from NCIS

So I'll admit we are NCIS fans, big fans. We record old shows and watch them at random times for entertainment. It's the characters. We like them all.  While watching a current episode earlier this week Ziva Daveed was asked what she wanted in life. Her answer, "a permanent relationship which cannot be taken away. Is that too much to ask?"  Wow. My husband noticed me nodding at the time and asked me why.  My reply? "I think that's what we all want."  His answer, "Our relationship is permanent. But all relationships can be taken away."

Thought provoking to say the least. Who'd have thought good ole' NCIS could start a deep conversation.
I'd like to hear what you think. Input?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Dad. I believe in the meaning of a promise, but there are parts of life that are out of our control.

    ReplyDelete