"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, August 26, 2010

What are you celebrating?

It's been awhile since I've posted anything but that's because I'm contemplating many things. Life is so interesting.  I am very curious why very generally speaking we tend to be so negative. Even when something good happens we tend to celebrate briefly and always tell the down side of things.


I'd like to celebrate a few things. I have an amazing husband. He's fun, interested in lots of things and loves Jesus. My kids are also great people. All four of them truly care about people and have a wide variety of friends.  They like simple things like just being together, playing games and watching movies.

 I love the colors of nature. There must be 100's of shades of green plus all the other colors in flowers, trees, animals and even bugs!


I'm a music lover. Isn't it amazing all the styles of music.  I can like almost anything except the really hard head banging loud electronic sounding stuff.

Lastly for right now I'm celebrating that there is a sovereign God of the universe that not only created me but loves me, truly loves me. No conditions, no performances, God loves me. (He loves you too.)
What are you celebrating today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm celebrating the roof over my head and all of the lessons I've been learning. The joy a picture can bring and the love of the people in my pictures!

    ReplyDelete