"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Monday, June 14, 2010

You know some of my fondest memories of life learning were at a time in my life when the pastor of the church we were going to encouraged the whole church to read through the Bible in a year. Each month at the start of the month they would hand out bookmarks with the suggested reading schedule for the month. Then on Wednesday nights someone would teach from whatever the scripture was for that day. Meanwhile if you were reading and something really struck you, there was a really good chance someone you knew had just read the same scripture. It was amazing how God wove our lives together by the simple act of reading.

Now as I've started blogging, making some of my thoughts, questions, life lessons public it's amazing to me to realize all the people who are walking through life with very similar thoughts. It's very affirming to hear and see others with the same thoughts, questions and desire to live God honoring lives. To me that just exemplifies the Body of Christ in a quiet, day to day life sort of way. There truly is "nothing new under the sun."

So let's watch for God together today. Where do you see/hear Him? "Show me your ways, O Lord. Teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me for you are my God and Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment