"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What are You Teaching?

I know my blog posts have been sporadic and for that I apologize but a filtering out or focus is developing and it just takes time. So you know what to expect I intend to blog 2-3 times weekly with the exception of special events.  You can expect a few more posts in the next few weeks due to some wonderful time at conferences which will no doubt be full of life to share.  That said, I do have a few thoughts for you to consider today.

My husband and I will be teaching at each of these conferences. It's a very humbling, weighty, exciting thing to do. Daring to believe that God uses all of us and that that includes us. Crazy! But it occurred to me yesterday while walking that we tend to look at this as a really special "event" in our lives. A focused time to share Christ with others.  I've asked others to pray for us specifically in regard to our preparation and obedience to God's will for this time. But the truth is we are all ministering every single day. Much more is "caught than taught."  Wayne Grudon, noted Bible theologian says, "The more we come to know a person and the more we see in that person a pattern of life that warrants trust, the more we find ourselves able to place trust in that person to do what he or she promises, or to act in ways that we can rely on." That along with much of scripture convinces me that it is not so much in the "special events" but in the day to day of our lives that really influences those around us.

Are you aware that you are "teaching" or "preaching" each and every day?  If you think of us we still would really appreciate your prayers as we really do want to do this "right." However, include yourself in your prayer. YOU have a ministry happening all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment