"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Monday, July 18, 2011

God's Extravagance in My Neighborhood

So have you been noticing God's extravagance?  I want to show you just how easy and obvious it can be.
Did you know that there are over 270,000 species of flowers documented in this century?  That is individual species and does not take into account all of colors of each flower.
Check out just these examples from my neighborhood:













Did you see the different size and shapes of the flowers, the petals, the leaves?  There are different colors and some of them even have fragrance! God could have made a couple of flowers in a variety of colors and I'm sure we would have enjoyed it. But He didn't. He gave us at least 270,000!
Brennan Manning says, “We get so preoccupied with ourselves, the words we speak, the plans and the projects we conceive that we become immune to the glory of creation.”
So preoccupied with ourselves.... I don't know about you but being stuck on myself doesn't usually brighten my day. I'm asking God to help me see Him and His extravagance today. Wanna join me? Tell me what you see!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment