"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, July 29, 2010

A lot of Life

Life is so interesting. It's been awhile since I've blogged. Mostly because I have this bad habit of thinking everything else has to be done before I can do "my thing." But also because there has been aLOT of life going on. Do you ever feel that way? It's been mostly good, challenging but good. A friend had a bad bike wreck and I encouraged others to send notes but I just never seemed to have the "right" words. So I haven't yet. Sorry Terry. We have been preparing for a teaching time. My mom fell and my family needed help. My husband and I were asked by our church to help with a ministry in a way we've never done before. That's LIFE. Living, waking up each day telling God "Good morning Lord. I trust You. Help me be what you want for me to be today" and then watching God work. It's been very freeing to watch God do His thing. It's taken away alot of anxiety but it's a choice. A daily, hourly and sometimes moment by moment choice.

"I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead." Phillipians 3:10 NLT

"Experience the mighty power" that takes action like being in the moment, soaking it in, feeling, doing, listening, asking questions, truly believing. I'm learning to day by day, bit by bit expect and watch for God in my life. Why? Because He loves me. I am one of His treasures. You are too. So I challenge you by referring you back to my very first post. And just in case you don't take the time to go there I'm sharing a bit of it below.

We are all valuable to God and to each other. And if we choose to live life with that in mind it could rock your world. There is a lot of talk of the complexity of life these days and the desire to simplify. We believe life really is pretty simple but we, "the people" make it complicated. We do an awful lot of talking and reading and thinking and sometimes I think that just paralyzes us. I'd like to live day by day learning to actually live the way God intended me to live. That in turn will free up those around me to live the way they were intended to live. I'd like to learn from you too. So follow along and let me know what you think, what you are learning and how it is effecting your life!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks mkom for this challange I needed it, look forward to talking more about my experience later.

    That verse is great I have it written down as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete