"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Thursday, March 18, 2010

Welcome to the Inaugural Post

Wow, it's here. I feel like my whole life has led up to this day. The truth is, it has. But then, your whole life has led up to this day too - but that's a subject for another post. (You can check out Psalm 139:16 if that thought is driving you crazy) Welcome to Treasure to Treasure a blog meant to encourage and challenge us to truly live life the way God intended it, full of value.

First off let's get through the introductions. My name is Jody. I will be the main writer of this blog. Although I will be the main writer not all of the thoughts and comments will come from me. They will be based on the Bible and life lessons of all of us at Treasure Chest Ministries. We have a big vision and mission with the main point being we are all valuable to God and to each other. (Check us out at www.treasurechestministries.org) And if we choose to live life with that in mind it could rock your world. There is a lot of talk of the complexity of life these days and the desire to simplify. We believe life really is pretty simple but we, "the people" make it complicated. We do an awful lot of talking and reading and thinking and sometimes I think that just paralyzes us. I'd like to live day by day learning to actually live the way God intended me to live. That in turn will free up those around me to live the way they were intended to live. I'd like to learn from you too. So follow along and let me know what you think, what you are learning and how it is effecting your life!

So here's the first thought I'd like to share with you. Treasures - why all this talk of treasures? Because the word treasure is a fun word that conjures up visions of old chests brimming over with gold cups and coins, rubies, emeralds and pearls. Fairy tales of discovering treasure and being rich for the rest of our lives. Well the truth is it's not just a fairy tale. There is a treasure which will make our lives rich. "For God, who said, "Let light shine out of the darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that this all-surpassing power if from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:6-7 NIV Did you catch that? "knowledge of the glory of God" is our treasure. God himself chose to let His light shine through our jars of clay to prove who He is to the world. God is "the Treasure" but He chose us as a way to show Himself in this world. Amazing! Have you ever thought of God as a treasure?

There's more to the definition of the word, treasure. But that's enough for today. I'm so excited you've taken time to check out the inaugural post of Treasure to Treasure. Be sure to come back to go treasure hunting with me. We'll be hunting the way to simply live life day by day the way God created it to be for you and for me! Let me know what you are thinking, learning and questioning. We'll explore together!

No comments:

Post a Comment