"My story is important not because it is mine, God knows, but because if I tell it right, the chances are you will recognize that in many ways it is also yours. Maybe nothing is more important than that we keep track, you and I,of these stories of who we are and where we have come from and the people we have met along the way because it is precisely through these stories, in all their particularity,as I have long believed and often said, that God makes himself known to each of us most powerfully and personally." -Frederick Buechner



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wellness Wednesday

It's Wednesday again - time to talk about living in wellness.  I visited one of my favorite Nurse Practioners last week. Something she said really struck me.  She said, "I always ask people about headaches and their bowel habits because there are so many people out there living with some level of discomfort that they think is "normal."  She assured me that living with discomfort more than 50% of your days is NOT necessary.  So today I simply want to challenge you to take 5-10 minutes to evaluate your physical and mental health.  Ask yourself a few questions and write down the answers.
1.  Do you experience headaches on a regular basis? 
2.  Do you worry about "things" in your every day life?
3. Are those "things" on your mind to the point of a distraction?
4. Do you feel bloated?
5. Are you constipated? (or have diarrhea) frequently?
6. Do any of your joints hurt?
7. Are you off balance or dizzy frequently?
8. Are you constantly tired?

Add any questions you think of and then answer it honestly.  If you are experiencing any of these symptoms on a regular basis it's time to talk to a health provider.  Check it out. You may be able to feel better with just a few lifestyle adjustments.  Need some referrals?  Let us know in the comment section of this blog and we'll be glad to help you find reputable resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment